Monday, June 27, 2011

A journey begins

My name is Sally.

Not the world's most creative name, but a name none the less to a dog with such a humble beginning.

I am a stray, not by choice of course but I'm not the most wanted of animals in the Vegas area which is flooded with lovely pitbulls and chihuahuas. I am a mix of every breed know to man. The animal shelter had a fun time trying to figure out my precise origins, and I laugh in their direction for trying.

I had recently had puppies prior to going to the animal shelter, the puppies are no longer in my life but I hope as a mother would that they have found a charming home.

Surprisingly, I managed to find a home after a month's stay at an animal shelter. I fondly refer to them as my pets. They are a young couple having just lost a child of their own (the similarities were striking, my friends) and the young woman became instantly attached to me despite my rough fur and over all...not very attractive physique. I call her my Golden because of her hair color. I call him boss, because he's just that...my boss. I found their personalities quite intriguing. Both were playful and loving, it was so hard to resist their charms. They took me home a day later after I went through a major surgery so that I could have no more pups.

It's been four months since I chose to go home with these two weirdos. I wake up to their faces beaming down on me way too early in the morning. I know that this is my forever home.

1 comment:

  1. *waves paw* Hi Sally ... somehow I think you are going to have a wonderful time with your new forever family ! We are so sorry to hear about their sad loss - we know you will give them lots of love and help to cheer them when they are down. We look forward to being furiends and getting to know you better ! *tailwags*

    ReplyDelete